Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Mustard & Apples???

I love to cook! Like you didn't know that already.... but I love to cook with strange mixtures of ingredients. Things you would never imagine putting in the same recipe. Like bacon and chocolate! I'm crazy, I know. I got a great idea last week for a new sandwich recipe from Real Simple magazine. Gourmet sandwiches are one of my favorite things to make and I enjoy eating them even more! ;) My love and appreciation for delicious sandwiches stems back to the 4 weeks I spent in and around Europe. I would go back in a heartbeat if just for a sandwich. Yuum-ee.

Anyways, this is what I came up with....


Apple & Cheese Panini

wheat bread
thin sliced apple, a couple layers (gala, fuji, pink lady, any sweet apple)
thick sliced sharp cheddar cheese
thin layer of mustard
some crushed red pepper flakes
drizzled honey


Cook in a skillet with butter like you would a grilled cheese! Serve with your favorite soup or stew and garnish with more sliced apples! Enjoy!! :P

While I was preparing the meal Jonathan exclaims, "Mustard and apples??!" I told him to just trust me.... I was right ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment