Wednesday, April 13, 2011

We're Having A Baby, My Baby & Me!

If you haven't heard the news already, Jonathan and I will be welcoming our first baby into the world this August! We are beyond thrilled and can't wait to meet our precious baby!!

On December 15th I took an at-home pregnancy test and to my astonishment it came out positive. I screamed and literally did one of those heel click jumps. Or at least attempted one! I was home alone and it would be several hours before Jonathan came home from work so I HAD to tell someone. I picked up the phone and called Jonathan's little sis, Katie. She had been asking to be an aunt for quite a few months so I wanted her to be the first person to share the wonderful news with. After we got off the phone we exchanged a few texts of excitement and then I asked her, "How should I tell him?" Or at least I thought I sent the text to her.... sometime later I get a text from Jonathan and he asks, "Tell who what? Who is him??" I instantly knew what I had done and wanted to kick myself. Really??! Did I really just tell my husband about our first baby-on-the-way through a text message?!?! Only that would happen to me. His next text read, "Are you pregnant?" I responded with, "I ruined it!!!" Needless to say it wasn't the most romantic way of telling him but it definitely led to a good laugh and will be a great story to tell our children one day.

Being the big "I Love Lucy" fan that I am, I always compare my life events to the hilarious antics of the best television show ever created. Lucy tried several times at telling Ricky she was pregnant with their first baby "at just the right time" and never got the chance. So she decided to surprise him at work. And this is how it went. Don't you know I will always double check before I hit "send"!!

1 comment:

  1. Love this story! I always imagine how I will share the baby news with Cody. Congrats on your bundle of joy!

    ReplyDelete