Monday, July 5, 2010

Hello!


We are newlyweds, Amelia & Jonathan Patterson! I'm from Horn Lake, MS and he is from Florence, MS. How did we meet you ask? We worked at the restaurant Doe's Eat Place in Starkville, MS where we both attended Mississippi State University. I was in my third year at MSU when I met Jonathan. I began working at Doe's when it opened it's doors in the fall of 2007. My roommate at the time, Nicole, she was the one who talked me into applying for the job. I remember thinking, this is my junior year of interior design school, the busiest and craziest of all my college life, do I really want a job to compete with? But I gave in, reluctantly. And I'm glad I did....some of the best tips any college student could get on a Tuesday night (too bad they didn't last long; that's another story though.) and some of the best friends I have I found while working at Doe's, including Jonathan :)

Jonathan began working at Doe's a couple of months after we opened. He and his roommate, Lloyd, started the same day. Our manager was very eager to hire these two with previous serving experience, as we were in the middle of football season. At the time, I thought Lloyd was the cute one. The way he stirred that chili...haha! But after time passed and new friendships were made I realized Jonathan and I had a lot in common, and he was just too cute to pass up with those deep dimples of his :)

We began seeing each other on a regular basis once school started back up for spring semester. He made me laugh, played the guitar, and introduced me to a whole new world. And to top things off, he proved I really was a fishin' magician! I had assumptions all these years but our first fishing trip made it fact. But this story is not about me and my amazing talents as a fisherwoman....it's about us. I can't tell the whole story now though. You see, it's only just begun. A year and some odd days after that first fish in the face (he was dumb-founded), he proposed.

Jonathan popped the question on Easter Sunday, April 12, 2009. It was the sweetest. My grandmother's engagement ring was nestled inside an Easter egg in the basket he had given me. It was an Easter to always remember!

Now, many fish and 2.5 years later, we're married and couldn't be happier to be spending the rest of our lives together.

*our first photo

*the first fishing trip

*Lloyd, the cute one ;)

*Nicole, or I guess the one responsible for bringing Jonathan and I together

*great friends from Doe's

*great friends from Doe's

*great friends from Doe's

*after Jonathan proposed

I'll post pictures of many fish later ;)

-Amelia

No comments:

Post a Comment