Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Our Wedding Day - Part I

Hello again! We are 3 days short of our 3 month mark and still blissfully, head-over-heels in love with each other. Even though I get annoyed when he kicks up a rug or he has to bite his tongue in the mornings because of my grouchiness (yes, I can be a brat sometimes), we are totally meant for one another. And the days just keep getting better...

I recently received our wedding photos in the mail and decided to share a few with you today along with our wedding story. We unfortunately did not have the ceremony filmed so I will have to give you the run-down myself. Here goes..

Once upon a time...hehe I just had to :) I know I've said this before but Jonathan and I were married April 17, 2010. The best day of our lives! & we are so fortunate to have had so many of our family and friends to share our special day with us.

Before the ceremony we had some fun and enjoyable music playing while the guests were seated, such as "Lucky" and "All I Want is You". Family members were seated to the catchy tune "The Way I Am" and I thought it was so fitting :) The wedding party entered to "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" and everyone looked amazing! I was led by our two precious flower girls and handsome ring bearer, who carried rings strung to a cane fishing pole. So adorable! Instead of the traditional "Bridal March" I decided to honor my heritage and have a bigpiper lead me in while playing "Ode to Joy". It was breathtaking! And I was so happy to have my Daddy take me down the aisle to my future husband.

After the welcoming and opening prayers, my sister Christina did us the honor of reciting verses from the Bible including John 15:5, "I am the vine, you are the branches: He that stays in me, and I in him, the same brings forth much fruit: for without me you can do nothing." Jonathan's sister and father performed two songs during the ceremony. Between readings Katie sang the hymnal "When Love is Found" while Don played the guitar. I definitely wish we had recorded that!

Instead of lighting a unity candle, Jonathan and I decided to pot a plant. We had both sets of parents bring soil from their yards that represented the foundation on which we brought upon. We each planted a peace lily into one pot mixing the two soils. Water that hydrates the plant represents the Holy Spirit and the life-giving power that He brings into our marriage. The sunlight that it takes to sustain a plant is the same as the light that the Son will use to guide our marriage. Our peace lily has bloomed and will bloom for many years to come!

After the potting of the plant Katie sang while Don played "Annie's Song" by John Denver. It was absolutely beautiful!! I wish I had that one recorded too :( Now all we had to do was kiss...and leave it to Jonathan and his groomsmen to make a bet that he wouldn't pull this prank. Of course. But I thought it was funny! & the recessional..."Linus and Lucy". Priceless.

Everything was absolutely perfect! Stay tuned for Part II coming soon!





Photos by David Eubanks. Visit his blog here. To see all the photos from Part I of our wedding day click here.

-Amelia

No comments:

Post a Comment